Each replacement carto contains two, pre-punch feed holes and a flanged bottom that lockes into the SMOK Pyrex DCT.
- Remove the carto from the Pyrex DCT.
- Slowly drip e-liquid into the carto along the edges onto the filler material.
Be careful not to get liquid down the center hole*
- Drop about 60 drops to properly 'Prime' the carto.
Ideally, you want to see a small amount of liquid start to seep out of the pre-punched hole. This ensure that liquid has made it all the way down the filler material
- Slide the Pyrex tank onto the DCT, flange side down
- Leave a small gap between the top of the DCT and the cart
- at an angle, drop liquid into the tank until it is full**
- Slide the carto up through the top socket
- Take a few dry puffs (puff with no battery)
This ensures that the holes start to draw in liquid
- Screw the DCT onto your battery and turn till you hear the tank click onto the carto
You are now ready to Vape!
*If you do get liquid into the center whole, just blow it out real quick
**We recommend leaving a small air pocket to ensure proper feeding into the carto
Nice alternative to Boge cartos Review by Hazozita
Although Boge cartos are my go-to carto, the Smok versions offer some advantages. The Smok carto filler material is less dense than Boge, so filling is much easier and quicker. The downside is that the Smok's can be a little more prone to flooding in a tank with very thin juices. Easy to fix, however, by plugging one of the holes (a toothpick broken off in the hole works well).
Good flavor – better than Boge and on a par with Ikenvape cartos. Not as long-lasting, however.
Of the 2 Smok options, I prefer the dual coil version (1.5 ohms). It offers a warmer vape, works well on mechanicals, and produces more vapor. The dual coils run down batteries much quicker than the single coils, but it’s a fair trade given the better performance.
Well worth giving these a try if you’re looking for something different than the usual Boge cartos. (Posted on 8/6/13)